
This post may be a surprise to some of you, very few people are aware of this, but Jake has been looking at graduate programs. The plan all along has been to get his MBA, so this fall we applied to a few programs and anxiously awaited acceptance letters.
We applied to three schools, two we were very interested in and the third was a back up plan.
To our surprise we heard back very quickly from the two schools we were most interested in. One school accepted us and the other denied us, we got both emails the same day. It was a bitter sweet. The school that turned us down would have allowed us to continue living where we are, on the other hand the school that accepted us was ranked much higher but required us to move across the country.
This past weekend Jake, Sadie, my Mom and myself journeyed across the U.S. to the Midwest. To the state of Indiana to a small town just south of Indianapolis, a small town know as Bloomington. We wanted to get a feel for the city that may be our "new home".

Bloomington is a cute small town, with gorgeous scenery. In fact the campus is one of the top 5 most gorgeous campuses. When I heard this I thought, yeah right. Then I arrived on campus and was taken back. It really is beautiful! I would love to see this campus in the fall, or in spring time when all the trees are in bloom, and leaves are turning colors. While we were there about 30% of the trees, flowers and plants were blooming and showing signs of spring.




I took all of these pics with my iPhone so the quality isn't the best, but it gives you an idea of how pretty it is. And no I didn't photoshop at all. These are 100% real!



So to answer the question you have all been dying to know... Are we moving? Yes. When are we moving? Well we don't know yet. We are in the process of working out the details of our offer. Most likely next fall. We will keep you all posted :)

If we would have been just a week later we would have been able to see these lovely tulips in bloom.

And a huge thanks to my mom for flying out with us and helping us with Sadie. Jake and I had lots of dinners, meetings and various social events that were not kid friendly. It was so nice to have your help. (and yes I could not handle leaving my child in Utah or Washington overnight, the thought just made me sad, maybe if we were at least in the same state but not if we are over 1000 miles away) I'm a baby when it comes to my cute kiddo :)

No comments:
Post a Comment