Friday, February 26, 2010

X-rays

Our poor little munchkin has been sick for a good week now, we took her to the doctor on Monday (and of course didn't get into our regular pediatrican) we settled for another doc there in the office and were less than impressed. He just cheked her ears nose and throat and said it was just a little cold, even though she sounded horrible. As the week went on Sadie was getting worse so I called our regular docor, who insisted we come in to see him. Before we even saw him he ordered a chest x-ray. I was relieved that they were doing a x-ray due to the RSV season that we are in. As we were waiting for the x-ray tech Jake and I were wondering how they could x-Ray a baby because they move so much. Well, we learned, this is how they do it. They basically strap them into this clear plastic tube.


Sadie was doing really good at first. They start with taking a x-ray from the back and then turn her to the side for another. Jake is holding her hands to help keep her in place.





Then they put this red thing in front of her face and that is when she lost it! I felt so bad it was squishing her poor nose.


Side x-Ray.


The doctor told us she has bronchiollitis (a viral infection) it could turn into RSV so Monday we are supposed to call him and report back on how she is doing. I hope she gets better :( it's so hard to watch your baby be sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment