So today was the day.... Jake had his knee surgery. Right now he is on cloud 9. Pain Free (thanks to wonderful pain meds). The Doc had to go in and check out what was causing the pain and fluid build up. Months of pain and aches, due to a flap in the cartilage of his knee. The Doc carefully scraped the cartilage, drained the fluid, and finally drilled a small hole to aid in increasing the blood flow. Now we wait for the knee to heal completely. The healing process will take about 4 months total. The GOOD NEWS is Jake is to start walking with all his weight on his knee starting...(drum roll please)... as soon as possible! Thats right NO CRUTCHES! The diagnosis was better than we had anticipated!
Going into this procedure we had to plan for the worst case scenario. I don't like to look for the worst in any situation, but mentally I knew that if I didn't plan on Jake being down and out for at least a few weeks, it would be much harder to adjust to the "change" in lifestyle if he was going to be immobile. I am so thankful that he is able to have a quicker recovery and get back to his active lifestyle sooner rather than later. Hope this surgery solves his problems!
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment