Saturday, September 4, 2010

SICK!



Since I had Sadie I have been very lucky and haven't experienced being "sick". Yeah I have had a cold here and there or been tired, but the past couple days were a different story. Thursday after work I got home and suddenly became sick, throwing up and so sick all I could do was lay there. I was so weak, my body felt like jello, NO ENERGY. Thank goodness Jake only had a little over an hour left of work, so watching Sadie wasn't too hard on me. However I knew that the next day Jake couldn't miss work because he needs his 2 remaining sick days for next week when he has his knee surgery done (yes he is having knee surgery, I will post more on that later). So I tried to act like I was feeling better so he wouldn't feel bad leaving me at home with the baby.

It is tough chasing around a 1 year old all day long even when you are not sick, So Sadie got away with whatever she wanted for 24 hours and I am sure loved being the boss =) The good news is I did survive being sick and being a mom! (even though I questioned it many times throughout the day)

All I can say is that being away from your family when you are sick and you have a kid to take care of is so hard. It makes me miss living close to family. Yes we have friends that I know would have helped me out with Sadie, but it is so much easier to ask family for help. I hope that I don't have to go through that again for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment