So this year we had a big chance occur read more about it here and here. We decided that this opportunity that had presented itself was one that we couldn't let pass by, so at the end of June I hung up my shears and airbrush gun, sold my business and decided to be a stay at home mom and packed up our house and got us ready as we moved across the states, from Utah to Indiana. We drove over 1500 miles, over 4 days, 26 hours of driving.
Leading up to our move, we had many visitors and friends that were nice enough to help us out. My family came into town and helped with Sadie and helped pack. Jake's Mom came into town twice to help us pack and watch Sadie and many of our friends helped us out in countless ways. We feel so blessed to have such wonderful family members and awesome friends.
We began started our journey Monday August 1, Jake worked the first part of the day, and as soon as he was off we drove to Cheyenne, Wyoming, not the most beautiful drive but we made it there safe and sound. Tuesday we drove to Lincoln, Nebraska, I must say BLAH! Nebraska was so hot and had the largest most nasty bugs!

This is what we found on top of the van when we got ready to load up the car the next morning.

This is what we found on top of the van when we got ready to load up the car the next morning.
Wednesday we were headed to St Louis, Missouri, made a stop in Liberty, Missouri We got to see this cool site. It was nice to get a break from the car and let Sadie run around for a bit. She was such an angel on this trip, I think that all of the sugar we kept giving her for being "good" helped keep her happy, and us sane =0) Thursday was the last leg of our trip... We only had a 4 hour drive a head of us so we decided to stop at the zoo as a treat for Sadie. One of Sadie's favorite things is animals, they had a great zoo much better than Salt Lake's Hogle Zoo! We saw bears, giraffe, elephants, birds, bugs, penguins, monkeys, zebras, and so many other animals I can't even remember! We only lasted to lunch time before the princess decided she was plum worn out, so we loaded back up into our cars and headed to our NEW HOME!
We are still in the process of "settling" I feel like it will take us a couple more months before we feel completely settled, but we will get there. We are loving our new home and have meat many nice people, and our neighbors have all really nice that we have meat so far! The scenery here is beautiful. I feel like I am in a secluded woodsy little town. There are trees EVERYWHERE!
The hardest part of this move has been when Sadie tells me, "Mommy I wanna go home." Meaning that she wants to go back to our home in Utah. I hope that she can adjust and meet some new friends, it crushes me to see her so sad about not being at "home".
Here's to a great couple years of change and growth! Bring it on!
No comments:
Post a Comment