Monday, October 20, 2008

Moving in

Thursday the 11 Jake's Dad flew in to help us pack and move. Jake had to work all day Thursday so I was hanging out with Bruce and keeping us busy with all of the packing. Half way through the day we decided to go and take a look at the house so Bruce could see where we were going to be living! As we drove up the the house I noticed a landscaping truck parked in our drive way. I thought, maybe someone is doing work on the back yard, it might be the HOA's truck.... there were so many possibilities, anyway, I thought nothing of it and we on our way back to the condo to finish packing. Friday morning came, our house funded and recorded (meaning that the property was now officially ours) and we (well Jake and his Dad....I was working) loaded up the truck to go take a load of boxes over to the house. I meet them at the house and the plan was to park the truck in the garage and unload it after we had had lunch (we were meeting up with Jake's bro and his family). Well we pull up to the house and surprise surprise... the landscaping truck is STILL parked in our drive way, the truck was completely blocking our driveway there was no way to get around it! We didn't have time to unload the truck we were running late so we start knocking on the neighbors doors around us to see if it is anyones truck or to see if they know who owns it.... and no one is answering their doors. To make a long story short... after lunch, we ended up having to call a tow truck to come and get the truck, and of course as soon as the tow truck shows up and has the truck hooked up and ready to go some kid from next door (around 18) comes running out and stops the tow truck driver. The tow truck guy tells the kid that it will cost him $80 to drop the truck and it he doesn't have the money he will tow it and it will cost him the 80 plus milage. In the middle of the two of them talking I come out side to see what is going on because I can here people talking outside our house. The kid approaches me and asks me why we didn't just ask him to move the truck he said, "I have been home all day" HAHAHA That is what we tried to do and someone must have been to lazy to answer their door! We talked for a minute and he seemed to cool down. I hope that he doesn't hold a grudge forever.  So this was the first neighbor that we meet here and hopefully he can get over our first encounter, we didn't want to move in and make enemies, and we didn't have the tow truck come to be mean we just needed to be able to access our house! I hope that we don't have to meet anymore of our neighbors on similar terms. 
 


However, since everyone has been asking for pictures I decided that I better post a few... as you can see in the pictures I sill have a lot of decorating and unpacking to do. Maybe once I find the motivation to get my house in order and looking nice, I will post some more pics! 

This is the downstairs... it still needs a lot more work but we will get there with time.





4 comments:

  1. I love seeing where you live. Thanks for sharing. I hate being so far away from you guys. I am so thankful that you have a blog and that we get to keep in touch more. I love and miss you tons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun story. I've called the tow truck on my neighbors before too and it takes them a while to calm down, but it's good that you got to talk to the kid. They always come running when they hear a big diesel engine outside!!

    Your house is great! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kels I absolutely love your new house! So cute!! I can't wait to see more pics. That is a funny story about the tow truck....what a way to move into the nieghborhood:) I sware those types of things always happen though one way or another. Well, I love yah and hope you and Jake are doing great and ejoying your new place! CONGRATS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA, what a great way to start a relationship with your new neighbors. I would have done the same thing! I have towed people at my place too. I am always worried they will come after us since our condo # is in our parking spot. The place looks super nice and I am still jealous, cuz I wanted to live in that area!

    ReplyDelete