Monday, June 27, 2011

Surgery again!

Tomorrow is a big day for me... I am having surgery once again. I should be a pro when it comes to surgery by now, since Jake and I have been married I have had numerous surgeries, Tonsils removed, adenoids removed, gallbladder removed, couple of foot surgeries, and now laparoscopic exploratory surgery. WOW! Thats a long list =0) I'm not as nervous about this procedure as I was about my gallbladder. I am hoping that the doc will be able to find the answers to the issues I have been having. Part of me is sure that it is endometriosis and the other part of me thinks it might be nothing at all. 

A few months ago my doc started a series of "tests" to see what he could find out due to our infertility issue. Every test we did kept coming back "normal" so this lead to the last test I had done which is a test where they run dye though your tubes to check to make sure they are working properly. This test was done by a radiologist, he was friendly enough to share with me his findings as he did the test. I was glad I didn't have to wait for the results, waiting always makes me nervous. As he injected the dye, he told me with in minutes that my left tube was not working. 

What does it mean when you only have one working tube? Well, it decrease your chances of getting pregnant drastically. After my doc got the results on my HSG he told me that he would like to do a laparoscopy surgery to try to determine the cause of my blocked tube.  

So now tomorrow is the big day, I hope and pray that they will be able to find the answers to everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment