Yes, we just got back from Washington.... again.... yes =0) This year has been busy with Jess graduating and having her last senior prom.
While we were up visiting everyone, my mom agreed to watch Sadie overnight so Jake and I could have a little get away vacation of our own! This was the first time that we had left Sadie with someone overnight without one of us being with her. There has been a few times Jake has been gone without Sadie overnight, but it was my first time being away from her! It was so weird, but so nice and relaxing!
Jake and I decided to head over to the west side of the state and hit up a few fun hiking trails. Our first stop... the Ape Caves. The Ape Caves are located just south of Mt St Hellens, the passageway in these caves are the longest continuous lava tube in the United States. The whole time we were hiking this trail we were underground. Yes is was dark... pitch black to be exact, wet and muddy... so we hiked with flashlights. The hike was awesome, we got to bolder and climb over almost 20 house sized lava falls (rock piles).
That night we stayed at a beautiful extended stay in Vancouver, decided to shop a little and then head down to Multnomah Falls for another wonderful hike! This hike is one that I have started more times than I can count, but for some reason I never finished it until now! It was raining and wet while we hiked but it was so pretty to see all of the green growth and amazing waterfalls!

After our fun little get-away we headed back to Kennewick for Jessie's graduation and graduation party! I don't know how I managed to not take any photos, but I didn't. I still can't believe that Jess is graduated! She is all grown up now =0) Congrats Jess!






No comments:
Post a Comment